Friday, August 03, 2012

July Update

Now that I successfully wasted hours getting caught up “online” I thought I should pop in to my neglected blog to say that yes, we are alive.  This was the first time the computer has been used in a month probably.  I was so far behind in everything: Email, guild planning events, booking flights/travel details, and catching up on things like daycare reimbursements, updating our budgets so on and so forth. 

I also sorted the mail pile (mountain) tonight and did a few loads of laundry: lately unheard of for a week night.  All of this thanks to grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins keeping Walter company in Iowa.  It’s so STRANGE to have 1, only 1, and 1 little one.  6 months ago I never would have imagined that it be so weird to only have 1 kid around. 

Walter is having a great time of course, but I wouldn’t know from him as I’ve probably talked to him for 5 minutes total.  I sent the ipad with him so we could face time….guess how many times that happened?? Wesley is LOVING having his parents to himself.  He chatters up a storm and is all smiles and all laughs.  He’s fully in to food right now: loves everything he gets his hands on.  He feeds himself now even.  Becky loves it too because he’s not his usually needy self when he’s got food in front of him.  He did pick up some eczema this week which I ‘m pretty sure is related to some food allergy so we’ll go back to the pure veggies and grains: We had added in a yogurt/fruit smoothie thing and I wonder if it’s the dairy.  So far his favorites are: sloppy joe meat, pita bread, quinoa, pancakes, and any kind of soft veggie you give him he’ll devour.  He love Plum Organic “pouches” that are baby food in a pouch he can suck or squeeze out. 

 

This was a good week for Walter to be gone: Both of us have had hellish weeks.  Evan’s is over as of 3pm today when he decided he wasn’t ever going to get all he needed to do done so he just took easy to chew bites.  My week was an emotional rollercoaster of lost clients, big wins, and everything in between.  Today I got re-ended with a client in my car.  Normally I would have been worked up enough but to have the added stress of being on the company time, representing the company and if something happens and she is injured or she comes back later…..what then?  I insisted she go to a doctor and she declined.  I wasn’t able to get in touch with the insurance today but I do have to talk to corporate counsel tomorrow for a sworn statement. 

 

Tomorrow starts my summer, I don’t care what the weather says.  I’m tired of waiting for it, I’ve declared the next 3 weeks summer.  I’m taking off at least 1 day a until Walter goes back to school and we’ll go to the water park in wet suits if we have to: it’s time for summer to come and for us to do summer things.  This weekend Derek and Betsy come, the following week is my girls weekend in Vancouver (oh yeah, that little thing called a half marathon in there too I guess) and then we leave for vacation!  We fly to Omaha the weekend of Labor day and sadly school starts after that.  Where did the time go?

No comments: