Because I really can't find the time to write these days: Evan's been sick (Man flu, I've been calling it) Wesley has been fighting something and Walter and I are praying we avoid it. I showered this morning for the first time since Saturday, so it's been hectic! The day evan did feel better, Sunday, he played hockey and went to eat with the boys after. By the time he got home at 11, I'd made food, fed everyone, cleaned up after the meal, bathed one and put both boys to sleep, IN THEIR OWN BEDS and was folding the last of the 3 loads of laundry. I felt pretty accomplished. Any men reading this will appreciate this: Evan came home and didn't acknowledge all of the hard work I'd done (why would he? He wasn't there to see the miracle) so not to mention my feelings being hurt, we had a big discussion about how I maybe try to do too much and he would rather I do less in a normal day.
Yesterday Evan stayed home sick, I rushed out of the house 10 minutes late for preschool drop off and didn't come home till 4pm, and we still had a healthy yummy dinner. He tried to call and text a few times and I always seemed to miss him....he has a little better appreciation now that maternity leave is not just sitting at home staring at a baby all day.
So I guess my point is having 2 is an adjustment but it's one we are working at constantly. What I miss is that when Walter was this age, we did everything together: Bed time, morning, dinner, play, it was all us 3 together. Now we tag team and I feel like Evan doesn't really get any time with Wesley. He's working or he's helping Walter. Tonight we switched, Walter wanted me and Evan held/played with Wesley. We need to work that in to rotation more often (I'm usually wearing Wesley in the moby cleaning up while he gets Walter ready for bed. yes, I have a problem, I need to let things go).
Other points of interest: Wesley is 11.8 lbs as of tonight. Walter is 42 lbs as of tonight. Wesley has been sleeping at least 1 5 hour stretch a night and as of the past 2 days has started stretching out at least 1 3 hour period during the day, too, which is nice.
My sisters come tomorrow so I'm trying to get some milk pumped and in the freezer so we can be out a few times at least. Pumping is not going well and I don't know why. He's a chunk a monk, he's got rolls everywhere and he's gaining weight but for some reason the pump isn't really doing it for me.
In exciting news: we (I) found a daycare that I think would be acceptable, in terms of care for my child. But it's in a pretty bad location and it would mean I'd have to take and pick up Wesley everyday as well as pick up Walter every day. I'm honestly not sure I can commit to that because I'm kinda freaked out about how I'll get it all done right now, anyway. I'm already planning to work early so I can leave early and if I take Wesley that creates a wrinkle. This new place is our #2 choice; it'll work but not ideal. Today I called our #1 choice because the second Wednesday of each month they have a parent tour and i missed today because the window guys weren't out of here as soon as I'd hoped they'd be. So i called to apologize and mentioned we wanted to confirm our waiting list spot for September. She said she couldn't guarantee that we'd have a spot in September, because they let people in when spots open up, I told her, we'd love to take the first spot that comes, and she said: We've got 2 open now!! Color me floored: I had no idea they'd had spots open up! We'll probably have to pay for April if someone else who can start sooner wants the spot but I'm 100% ok with that because with gas savings, not having to hire a mothers helper to help out when I travel and the peace of mind of having this right on the way to each of our work: It's so worth the extra $$ to us. That is the best thing that has happened today for sure.
This really wasn't going to be an update, it was going to be just this adorable video of my boys. So enjoy, and I'm off to get ready for my sisters visit tomorrow. Think they'll forgive me if the house is a disaster?
(video is coming, I think my phone battery died before it had a chance to upload)
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not sure what the happy medium for getting things done...so unfortunate that women are the one 'things' bother. Your sisters are coming to see you and the boys- the condition of the house is of little importance. Have a great visit!
Post a Comment