Some of you may have been told of my friend Jeneane who recently moved to Costa Rica to open a school for special needs children. Jeneane was in my bible study and we became fast friends. Recenly divorced from a horrible marriage and back in school for her PhD she was looking for God to direct her, and boy did he! If I haven't shared her journey so far, forgive me for throwing you in the middle a bit. but I plan to share her journey more and ask for more prayers for Jeneane and for he "mission" in Costa Rica.
Last night we had the meeting with the owner of the development where we want to put the school. The place is essentially an outdoor mall with office space upstairs. The middle is a huge pond with turtles and fish. There is a garden of local plants around the pond. The plaza sits on the bottom of a huge mountain that is being developed for exclusive housing (a bit of a country club feel). It's very fancy for Costa Rica...a beautiful location. Many of the shops are vacant due to the economy and low season. Typically the spaces rent for around $2,000/month. We can only afford a few hundred dollars a month. We knew that it would take a miracle to get this place.
God truly orchestrated the entire meeting in ways that completely exceeded our expectations. It turned out that every person we met with knows and loves God. At one point in the evening, we had Bibles open and were sharing scripture. Stories were being told about God's love and protection. The owner of the Garden Plaza told the story of how he came to own the whole mountain and how it was a gift from God. He talked about how he feels we are more of a blessing to him than what he is doing for us. He gave us a three year contract for pretty much any space in the facility at an unbelievable price (something we can afford). They then started talking about other ways they can help us like the lawyer is going to consult for free, the building administrator is going to find us furniture, the maintenance people will build stuff for us, etc. It also turns out that they are starting to build an outdoor soccer field and playground just outside from where the school will be. It was like every new conversation was God giving us more confirmation that this is a gift from Him. God completely overwhelmed me last night. I think I spent most of the night in shock because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. God is so good. I can't even believe that we get to be a part of this. The whole night was completely unbelievable!!!
This morning I will bring three months worth of rent and get the keys. I'm so thankful for all the financial support I was able to raise before I came. It's looking like the start up will be more money than I expected. But I trust that God will provide in miraculous ways. Look what He has done so far!!!
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment