Sigh…..
Tonight was the first time in as long as I can remember I was sitting in a mostly clean kitchen while the overly tired little boy next to me reads me books, and I’m not passed out tired. There are lots of reasons for this:
1- The kitchen is mostly clean because the garbage is over flowing and we can’t take any more out there so there is a ziplock bag full of tonight's garbage sitting on the counter.
2- There are still loads of toys that are as-away-as-they-can-be for now till their home is finished. I’m pretending not to care.
3- This is the 3rd day since June 14th we have been only 3 in this house all together. Some of us are still adjusting to this.
4- little boy in this story didn’t nap today so he went to bed an hour early.
Evan asked me how my day was today when I came home: Great, I said, my bra broke and I snissed, twice. I also snissed last night when Walter woke us up sobbing at 2:30 because he “forgot to put his penis down” while peeing and peed all over his jammies (sorry for the graphic description). (From the Urban Dictionary:sniss: the unintented release of urine while sneezing.)
But honestly, I did have a really good day. Today was my first doctors appointment with my new mid wife. The midwife who will deliver our 2nd child (Lord willing). Today I’m 12 weeks pregnant (slightly debatable as she tried to tell me today I’m only 11, although we know I’m 12). I really like Laura, that’s the MF’s name", and I got to see Komo, that’s the babies name for now, Walter has named it that.
I have a big elaborate post planned about how this was not as we intended our family to be….we thought our children would be closer together, we thought we would have conceived under different circumstances, but all that will have to wait as I’m tired, and need to save something to write about in the future. I’ll end by answering the commonly asked questions:
How am I feeling? Tired and emotional and food makes me want to gag most of the time. I finally got my appetite back about a week ago though and didn’t stop eating for days. Now it’s back to craving cereal and milk and lemonade and anything but just.wont.due.
Are you going to find out what you are having? Yes most likely. We did last time and we plan to try to find out this time, although we won’t be heart broken if it doesn’t work out.
What does Walter think? He seems to be excited. He has already named the baby and likes to talk about it. Although the other night he did say, it’s not a baby, it’s just fat. He’s sweet like that ![]()
The baby looks great and my health is great: my BP is low, heart beat was in the 150’s and I’m down 4 lbs from when I got pregnant. I am still working out 5 times a week (until last week when it all went to poop with the work and the visitors). My uterus is measuring small so she said in the next 2 weeks to expect a pop, as my uterus catches up. The baby looked squished today. I’ve been cramping but it’s normal and just the baby making room for the 6 month stay. I’m randomly wearing maternity clothes but only out of laziness not really out of necessity. The don’t fit that well yet. I’ve been eyeing a pair of pants at the gap if it stops raining at all this week I’ll head over there at lunch and pick up a pair.
I’ll close with saying that “how to choose/agree on paint colors and what to do if your spouse seems crazy” should be a required class for all married people. It’s worse than pizza toppings that I can just pick off, this is the color of my house. I guess Evan wins because his choices are bland and boring and mine are brighter and funner. But it’s not right and “not fair” that one of us has to concede (especially since it seems it will be me). Stay tuned to see the outcome (and yes I have played the pregnancy card and it only hurts me as he sees me as overly emotional. When will this pregnancy have it perks? )
2 comments:
The pregnancy perk is that you are pregnant!
I say that the more fun colors should win. It does SO MUCH for a home and although paint is fairly expensive now, you can always repaint if it's something you can't stand. (Sorry Evan!)
As long as your paint choice is not as green as Chuck's choice for the kitchen- could you perhaps do an accent wall? Hang in there! Choosing paint can be a challenge! We are pretty bland-maybe I'm to blame for your current issue....
Post a Comment