I remember this time of year:
9 birthdays, and valentines to shop for; except I can barely get enough time at work to eat let alone do any shopping. ( I think I ate lunch before the car ride home 1 time this week, and it was a working lunch)
The dreary and dark and rain start to get to me, cured only by a nice long run or a nice hard work out: except I work 6 nights a week from home making it hard to find the time to work out. By the time my alarm goes off at 5am I’m too tired or too burnt out to get out of bed and go to the gym.
Hardly getting any time each day to get through yesterday’s to do list and have that grow by today’s to-do list.
This is our worst time of year at work: Year End. Investment review, Client reviews, Planning for the next 2 quarters, marketing and seeing every vendor for some new ideas on what to talk to clients about. I’m glad I have the others to share the load but this week it’s causing me to have even less time of my own as I’m training, showing how things are done, sharing ideas, or, heaven forbid, being friendly. So this Friday night is well deserved (for both of us: Things haven’t been any easier for Evan lately as they try to hit ZBB today and he’s got employee reviews to complete)
I’ll gladly take the rainy dreary weekend so we can all cuddle up inside and make valentines…..the really important things in life.
1 comment:
Hope your weekend is proving to be everything you need to make Monday tolerable. Loved talking to Walter Friday! He is so fun!
Post a Comment