I was grumpy tonight. Like really grumpy. And on a bit of a self pity party. I just went upstairs to push through the yet another load of endless laundry and peaked in on Walter who was standing at the foot of his bed. Not quite crying, pretty silent but with 1 huge tear on his cheek because he lost his sock in bed. (2 hours after we’d put him down)
We had a very nice sweet cuddle which it’s been way too long since the last. We found his sock, sang some songs and told a story about Super Walter. He’s now snuggled in and asleep. I do think he stays up later than we like a few nights a week. He’s quite and in his room but not always asleep. Lately Walter’s “thing” is he wants hugs all the time. He’ll interrupt almost anything for a hug and how can you say no? Tonight at dinner we were talking about cheese and how it comes in different colors, shapes, forms, how a shape is different from a form and he stops and says, Momma Hug! So there goes the cheese talk!
Tonight I asked Walter to make sure that daddy runs while I’m gone next week(more on that in a second) and he said “Sure thing. Mommy when I’m gone can you make sure daddy does his puzzles. He can do it by himself you know, he’s done it a hundred times.” I had said that about 20 minutes prior when he asked if we could help him with his puzzle. His teacher Ms Kat is subbing at another center for someone on maternity leave. So today I asked him who his teacher was “no one” he says. “oh no? Not Ms Ashley?” “nope, she was working out. Ms Kat was working out, Ms Diane was working out, Ms Nora was working out, and Ms Cristina was working out. Is that funny mommy?”
Evan is running with me
We’ve gone 3 times. Tonight he did the the elliptical and then we ran so it was the hardest run yet. He didn’t want to go. I didn’t want to go. It was raining and cold and we easily could have said, no thanks but we did it and I’m really proud of him for doing it. I thought he was going to bail, I really did! Walter loves it; he loves going with both of us together. I took him out to the stroller while E was getting his shoes on and he said we can’t go with out daddy. He told me while I’m gone next week he’ll run with daddy….thing is he probably could. He’s easily run a mile before.
OK 1 more episode of the wire on this disk and evan gets irritated with me when I don’t pay attention and then ask questions. TGIF tomorrow, and never has that been more true.
No comments:
Post a Comment