Tuesday, November 16, 2010

whew

I just finished 3 of the 9 gifts I’m for sure making for Christmas, and the other 6 are pretty well on their way (OK I think I might have to sew on a button for the 3 finished pieces).  I am debating starting some other projects, as additional gifts but I’m not sure I am up for it: We’ll see how the rest of these turn out. 

 

Brian, Sarah and Ben are officially gone now, sad.  They stayed with us Friday night and it was a nice time!  But we will all really miss them.

We have a bad feeling that Walter is entering his “terrible 3’s”.  He cries for no reason and when we ask why he won’t tell us.  Tonight he cried because he wanted to sit in another chair at dinner.  We started a sticker chart last week and Walter loves getting sticker but has a melt down if he doesn’t get one.  It’s a lot of fun to watch him get so excited about giving himself a sticker and I think this will really help with things like no playing at the dinner table, and flushing the toilet, and other things, but this breakdown all the time for no reason is wearing on me.

At Soccer on Saturday he cried through the whole thing.  He even did so much as threw himself on the ground in a fit of rage a few times, good times.  I was embarrassed.  Evan is coming with me next time.  He talked about it afterward and seemed to have fun after the fact but during, he was miserable, I was miserable, the coaches were not pleased. 

 

Tomorrow night i s my “night out”.  I have Bible Study at 7pm in Seattle so it only makes sense that I don’t try to cross the bridge twice.  I’ll probably work late and then run or do some Christmas shopping while I wait.  The boys will be fine: I’m sure of it!

And now I’m off to bed….I was up way too late last night on these darn towels.  And now I can get some rest since I figured out the problem I was having a hard time solving last night. 

1 comment:

Jeane said...

Those mood swings are part of being a toddler. Derek was the one who did not like to do things that were not his idea (i.e hockey for years was a chore). Hang in there!