Wednesday, July 07, 2010

LIFE update and pictures

First: some pictures.

Did we talk about Sparkles?  He’s the class pet and this weekend Walter brought him home.  Here’s a picture from our weekend.  Walter, Sparkles, Giffy and Wolfy jammed out to some music.

IMG_0240

Walter and Evan stop for a pic at one of the 5 bird exhibits at the zoo

IMG_0258

Walter’s favorites of the day:

DSC_9978


DSC_9979[4]

DSC_9966

Our 4th of July family shots; after wrestling for a few hours.  Pretend my thigh is not as big as a tree trunk. 

DSC_0054DSC_9991

This is what happens when you turn your back for 2 seconds while Walter “helps” with the potatoes.  He had discovered how to take caps off and, my fault, doesn’t quite know the difference between the pepper, that we do take the lid off of, and the other spices that we don’t take the lid off!  Evan fixed it for us!IMG_0262

How we sometimes (ok one time) spend the mornings; reading and cuddling. 

DSC_0055

Wednesday’s are becoming our favorite nights.  Walter is now an old pro at “track”.  we bring sand toys and snacks and Walter and some combination of kids play in the sand pit, the mats, run around the football field, you name it   I have actually even started being able to get the full work out in!  It’s a perfect set up.  He gets some independence because he can’t leave the fenced area, I get in a work out and some girl time, and he meets other kids.  We then do take out or drive thru for dinner and Evan gets a quick work out in too. 

 

I do love Walters new freedom, but it’s kinda sad too.  I miss my baby boy!  He’s so good at self play now: he’ll play outside in the garage while I mow, he’ll play on the swing set while we are on the porch, he’ll play with his trains while Evan and I talk or hang out and don’t have to play with him.  The thing he STILL isn’t doing, though, is pedaling his bike.  We know that he can pedal, but he won’t.  It’s that handle on the bike, he’d rather be pushed!  So we’ve been talking about getting a trailer for our bikes….can’t decide if/when/how often we’d use it.  I think Walter would like it and I’d love to throw him in the bike trailer and go run errand but at this rate it’s going to be warm enough for that for about 8 weeks a year, and that’s hardly worth the money!! 

I had a hundred more things to write about but lost my train of thought, and I still have to email Allison with a bunch of questions, like, what is appropriate interview attire: Can I wear something other than my traditional black suit, or does the Wall Street crowd from on creative dress?  The reader says it’s 81 outside and 80 inside and I couldn’t be happier!

1 comment:

Jeane said...

I love the concert picture of Walter. He seems to into the entertaining. Great pictures. It is hard to have these little ones grow up (so fast!)