Sunday, March 07, 2010

Weekend Review; With Pictures

DSC_8300

Evan feels, and I guess for the most part I agree with him, Casey will be spoiled ridiculously rotten for the next 5 days.  He feeds him right off his plate, treats 10 times a day (but he’s lost over 10 lbs so it’s not like it’ll hurt him) and he has Walter doing the same.  I won’t be surprised if he asks me to start fixing him home cooked gourmet meals every night! 

Casey and Walter shared a moment tonight when Walter gave him a treat! So, how is Casey?  We went to the vet Saturday.  He’s down 10 lbs now.  He’s “getting worse” but it’s hard for us to see it because this weekend he was so much better.  We know that it’s because we are around and his mood is better which means he acts happier.  Which makes it even harder for us to think about next week.  The doc advised that we need to leave him at a vet AKA boarded somewhere he will have 22 hours a day in a crate and get no love and no attention.  We can’t imagine what kind of week he’ll have and how he will turn for the worst.  They want him there though so that he can have meds administered and get medical care if/when he needs it.  We still don’t know what to do. Remember he’s not current on his vax so most places we’d consider won’t take him.  Sign, which makes me sigh the sigh we’ve both been sighing when we try to talk about what to do.

Evan’s taking this all harder than me.  I’ve had time to grieve.  I’ve been grieving for a week and I know that next week; if we do keep him home with a dog sitter, I’ll be worried sick everyday about both of them, I’ll question every day if leaving was the right thing or if keeping him in pain was the right thing. SO….that’s where we are. He’s eating some, he pees 2 seconds after he drinks, he hobbles around and he does stairs about once a day.  He sleeps in the landing, and he leaves our laundry alone, doesn’t lay on it, doesn’t put it in him mouth and carry it to his favorite spot to lay on it.  We’ll let you know how he progresses this week. 

 

On Saturday it was the most beautiful day early March has ever seen.  How beautiful?  This beautiful:

DSC_8292 UW campus and Mt. Rainier in the background.  We went to the Burke museum and Walter now loves Triceratops.  He didn’t care too much for the big dinosaur skeleton, he liked the pictures of the dinos!  He did keep asking to go see the Triceratops though.  We then played outside and walked around a bit to enjoy the day. 

DSC_8243

Walter and the Triceratops head

 

DSC_8276 Watching the skateboarders

DSC_8282 DSC_8257

Playing like a dinosaur

DSC_8291

DSC_8273Stopping for a fruitsnack break

 DSC_8249

He looks so grown up in this picture!

Today we had a nice morning in Seattle at church and then brunch.  Walter napped while I ran errands for the trip this week.  I half packed last night while Evan was out with his friends but mostly just organized and cleaned closets. 

I hope this week goes quickly:  I’m ready to be on vacation already! 

No comments: