Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Drum roll please

 

A few minutes ago, I sat down to devour my turkey burger before bath time, after my work out.  My darling sons asks: “can I have some”.  Here’s what happened next:

DSC_7546

He takes a bite….

DSC_7549

Then says MMMMMDSC_7550

Then takes another bite

DSC_7547

and returns the bite of bun he didn’t eat to the plate!

The boy ate meat, liked it, and took a second bite!!!

When I told him it was a hamburger, he said yum (we’ll start simple, he doesn’t need to know it wasn’t really beef).  And these turkey burgers are my new favorite meal, SO EASY to make on the forman, pre cooked so you just warm them up.  The come in a pack of 2 for $3 at Trader Joes (Aunt Barbie and Aunt Beverly, you should try them if you haven’t already, they are in the meat dept and come zip packed with 2 in a package)  they are good in the fridge for about 2 weeks so we can have them on hand for when there is nothing laid out.  Throw it on a sandwich thin with some fruit and veggies and you have a great meal that, apparently, even Walter will eat.

We were doing Subway Tuesday because I work out late that night and Evan doesn’t have to worry about what to do for dinner then but now…..now I can have the boys eat a pack of these and I can eat leftovers when I get home.  I feel like a whole new world has opened up for me.  Like I can see the future and it has us all eating the same meal.  No more cans of beans and chicken nuggets in a desperate attempt to get Walter some protein. (side note he also started to eat edamame but mostly because he loves to suck on the shells.  I don’t think he gets but 1 bean out of it but at least he tries it!) 

I’m off to start taxes, which aren’t nearly as much fun as they used to be!

Conrad Abbie and Cammie come tomorrow!!  Pray for safe travels and no hick ups along the way!

No comments: