My mom said….
I’ve been out of touch for awhile, is that true? Probably. I guess a lot has been going out with out a good opportunity sit down and catch up!
I had a busy week last week: It’s no wonder I’m starting to feel something coming on. I was in 3 airports in 2 days. I went to San Fran and back Wednesday and then we left Thursday for Palm Springs. I haven’t even run since last Wednesday and I feel like garbage about it. This is partial because I forgot running clothes, the video camera, socks and white underwear on our trip. That’s what happen when you start packing a week in advance, you forget the little no brainer things.
So…..what’s new. Walter is still sleeping in his big boy bed. Tonight I asked him if he wanted to sleep in his crib and he said cribs for baby. So there you have that! He’s doing well on potty training. He had 2 days in a row with no accidents. Today he even told Channelle he had to go poppy, he went to the bathroom pulled down his pants on his own, and went to the bathroom and came back. Just like that! Tonight he told us he had to go and then went. So it’s moving along nicely. When we were in California we didn’t use big boy pants or a toilet at all. He really doesn’t like the big potty and we knew it’d be hard to be where we needed to be when it was time and for us, it worked great. He told us every time he went and told us before he went. We are hoping this continues!
“see mommy!” Walter is showing me he pee-pee’d in the potty.
Casey: He’s still doing the same. The vet says the tumor aren’t growing so we are going to continue on the steroids for 3 more months with monthly visits to the oncologist.
Walter loved the trip to California. He loved playing in the pool, walking all over the resort “compound”, playing with the pillows on the bed, making a tent and just being with mommy and daddy. He’s getting to be so much fun to travel with: He loves riding on the bus, which we got to do 4 times (from Master park, to Enterprise, back from Enterprise and then back to Masterpark), riding on the train in the airport, riding on the escalator and pointing out all the buses. When we were unexpectedly at the Burbank airport longer than we wanted Walter and I went out to the parking lot and watched buses for 30 minutes.
Walter and Daddy were both tired on the bus to the airport.
Flat Emma came with to Palm Springs
Walter and George watched a new Thomas video on the plane.
Walter’s first taste of In and Out awesomeness. He wasn’t as thrilled as I was :)
“our pool”. There were 46 at the place we stayed, and 3 with in a stones throw of us. This particular pool was right outside our door so we shared it with 6 other rooms.
Our buddy chillin’ in our hotel room.
Walter loved the “water fall” outside our door.
Another pool near our room, this one bigger and with a kiddie pool. Can’t beat that view, huh!
Pretty!
We wanted to hike so we asked the concierge for a recommendation: The “hike” was a paved path, more reminiscent of a bike path :) It was flat and smooth and not very challenging but we say lots of dogs! (not so many snakes, like Walter wanted) I was, though, glad to not see any mountain lions!
I had never been to the desert before. No tumbleweed, but lots of dry dry dry.
We flew into and out of Burbank to save some money. This was going to be an OK decision when we were planning to be home Sunday before 10am. That would have happened but I didn’t have the directions to the rental car return accessible and the GPS couldn’t navigate us there so got lost for about 10 minutes on an already tight schedule. Burbank airport rivals the QC and Missoula (actually it’s smaller than the QC airport) for the tiniest airport ever, and we weren’t allowed to board our plane because our bags did not get there 45 minutes before take off. I guarantee you that I could have walked my bags over to the plane and had them there before the plane left. But the agent didn’t think that and we weren’t allowed to board our flight. SIGH. having 3 hours of sleep the night before I wasn’t in the mood to argue so I let it be and we hung out in the tiniest airport for 3 hours and got on the 10am flight. We were still home before 1pm and Walter got a good nap on the plane so I guess it all worked out.
Whew! Now I’m exhausted. I’ve done pretty much nothing but work every free minutes since Sunday when we got to the airport so I better get back to it, especially considering I’m staying home from work with Walter and his fever, and I’m back out of town to Omaha this weekend (whoo hoo) so I have another short week. More from us in less than a month, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment