Yeah, I know it's been awhile. I promise we are doing well. We've just been....HOT and busy! I don't want to write about it because we will face the scrutiny all the news channels, blogs and websites , providing that we are "wimps" in the Pacific Northwest. We don't need to be complaining that it's hot. Places like Arizona and Texas deal with this all the time. True, but I would ask, do they have homes with air conditioning? Is there city equiped to handle this much energy usage? I would venture to guess yes. We don't do this heat well. When it's over 100 in places like Arizona, they probably stay inside to stay cool. But when it's over 100 here, it's a few degrees warmer than that inside, so staying home is the least attractive option. Turning on the computers and tv's only makes the heat worse. Luckily for Jeane, Chuck and Derek, they got to experience it first hand. I can only be greatful that I'm not pregnant or don't have a new born so it was just me trying to get to sleep in the hot sticky house at night. Last Wednesday we hit a "hottest day in recorded history" mark. We've been hovering around 80-90 since then. Until today. Today it was in the 60's at the pool this morning (but the pool water is still in the 70's or 80's. If you've never worked out in 80 degree temps in the pool, it's not that much fun). It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I can't wait. Flying in last night I was looking at the city and everything is bright yellow of dead and burnt yellow variety. Rain will help so much.
Other than hot we really really really REALLY enjoyed having company last week. We were a little sad on Sunday to return to a "table for 3" family, I much prefered the "table for 6" family.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
if you prefer the table for 6 does that mean another baby soon? ;)
Love,
Nicole
Post a Comment