Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Unfortunate news

It’s with great regret that I bring you this news:  the 20 hours of day light days are now over. Let’s pause a moment to remember the good times.  The times when we’d be woken by sun up before 5am.  The times when I could take the garbage out at 10pm and the street lights were just being lit.  The times when there was no need for night lights or for lights on dog leashes or head lamps to navigate the path to the running trail.  We’ll miss you, dear summer.  Come again soon.

I ran tonight, get this, by my self!  It’s been way too long since that happened.  Maybe it’s because the sun forgot to encourage my getting out of bed by 5am so I missed my run, or maybe it’s because I needed to clear my head for a bit, but I did it and it was great and I (gulp) forgot, completely forgot, to take Casey!  Sadly he’s so used to me leaving with out him he didn’t even realize it. 

So tonight I started legitimately looking for a gym.  I even told people I was going to so that would give me some accountability. I have to decide how far I’m willing to travel and how much I’m willing to pay. 

Walter is on his way to learning his ABC’s.  He knows to G.  Or we should say he can make the sounds that the letters make to the rhythm of the ABC’s, from A to G.  And he now says “bottom poop” and “tinkle pee” when he goes to the bathroom.  Funny little boy!  Final story, we took Evan’s car to get the brakes fixed (still no tires for me though, long story there) and were getting the trash out of it.  There was a diet pepsi bottle in there.  Walter got bored so I gave it to him to play with when we were in my car driving home.  He started saying Pappap’s juice.  His Pappap would put crystal light in diet Pepsi bottles when he was here.  Evan told him it was actually probably Nana’s water and he said “lilacs water”.  I sometimes take for granted his spirit and love how he constantly reminds me how simple and complex, at the same time if that’s possible, those little minds are. 

It’s now cooled off to 83 degrees in the house so I’m going to go finish my work out/PT exercises then head to bed.  Work from home for me tomorrow while I wait for Evan’s brakes to get fixed.  I’m not sure how this stuff all becomes my problem, no matter how hard I try not to take responsibility for it, it all comes back to me.  At least after tomorrow 1 of us will be driving a safe car.  Hopefully after Monday next week we both will be driving safe cars (and if I keep driving Evan’s car his will be a lot cleaner too!) 

1 comment:

Jeane (Lilac) said...

Love the story about Pappap's juice. Another message we'll leave on our answering machine!
The video is great. He is quite the singer. Janet and Pappap (g-grand-dad) enjoyed 'talking' to Walter the other night. He is very entertaining. Glad you realize how precious these times are-they grow up fast!