Sunday, May 03, 2009

Resting

Ahhhh, I just pulled the meatballs out of the oven and the cookies are in.  Tomorrow’s meatloaf is sitting in the fridge with my lunch and the coffee us read to start at 6:05.  I even washed the dogs dishes and the coffee pot. The only thing I have left to do tonight is cover up the grill, (although it’s already rained since dinner so bad luck for us) and finish off this month’s cards/letters.  (wait I should do that on the plane.  OK one less thing to do)  I’m resting nicely after a very busy weekend, I swear it isn’t Sunday night, is it?  My legs are tired.  My head is tired and I”m excited to have a few hours to just rest. 

Evan downloaded some new computer tools for me and has the back up back up running so we’ll see how this computer works for awhile. 

OK So our weekend?  Whew, it flew by.  Saturday we had dinner with the Wu-Mounts.  We were to be in Seattle by 7pm.  After neither of the guys came into the office on Friday, the rest of us came down with the Friday Flu, which it seems a lot of Seattle has been sick with; either that or the 60 and sunny flu.  I used this time to make up for the fact that I’ll be gone a majority of this week and did my favorite things:  gas, groceries, dry cleaning, and even stopped at the Cobbler.  Walter, Casey and I went on a nice run, short run but it was still nice to be out in the sun together.  We were late to dinner:  A combo of things starting with Evan getting home late making me shower late, me making a wrong traffic decision and me buying beer but not putting into a cooler facility, because it would just have to come back out in an hour (I realize now this was the wrong decision).  But Walter did great and fell asleep like a champ on the floor with his Giffy, blankey and a pillow. 

Yesterday after too long creating distractions, I ran 17 miles and thankfully it wasn’t awful!  The weather was pretty decent and I didn’t get lost, 2 signs of a successful run. I even had it in my legs to stop by the store and pick up food for the BBQ.  We had dinner plans again Saturday at the Wahlerts and Walter again went down like a champ, this time in their PNP.  Even though he was up late 2 nights in a row he still was up earlier than normal.  I’m thinking about getting him black out shades.  Evan has had a rough day with work and he is GRUMP-Y!  I am trying not to also be grumpy because I wanted to celebrate mothers day today and my idea of that was not keeping Walter out of Evan’s way all day!  I was hoping to enjoy the nice weather together as a family, but me being grumpy is not going to help, so I’ll just hope that we get a chance in the future to do something together.  Walter took a long nap about an hour after he should have and slept the entire time I was gone running.  We did a 7 mile run and a hill work out and it was so fast!  Normally that group is a nice easy pace for me but today not so much.  When we hit the 6 mile mark we were all like, who’s responsible for that pace?  No one claimed it. It was a warm sunny day so a good day to be out with the group on Mercer Island.

Enjoy pics from today while W and I gave daddy some space so he could work.  He joined us for a bit.  We had a good time playing ball. 

CIMG0596

CIMG0607

CIMG0653

CIMG0662

CIMG0682

No comments: