Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I don't want to talk about it and run the risk of jinxing it, BUT Monday starts 3 weeks of construction on the I90 bridge express lanes, which switch direction at high traffic times (west bound in the am in east bound in the pm and on weekends). They estimate that with a 50% reduction in traffic, it will ad 40 minutes each way to the average commute. I live about as far out as the "average" commuter commutes on the 90 corridor. After 3 weeks of repairing the joints on the express lanes of the bridge they will be doing the same work for 3 weeks on the west bound lanes of I90. This is going to be horrific. During this construction they will be reverting west bound traffic on to the express lanes. A few problems: There are only 2 express lanes and the west bound has 4 lanes currently, also there are only 2 places you can enter the express lanes. Traffic is expected to back up for hours. H O U R S.

Seems like this should be bad news right? Well, we are all pretty much assuming this will be more hassel than it's worth and we will likely work from home :) I'm going to get spoiled if this is the case. Even working from home 2 days a week would be a very nice change. The days I do go in I"ll be working a modified schedule. So I'm looking forward to May and June and some extra time at home. If I don't have to drive to Seattle I gain at least an hour sometimes an hour and a half of my day back. I've gotten really good at returning phone calls in the morning on the way into the office but I'm dreaming of not only the time I'll save in traffic but in doing my hair, putting on makeup, going to the dry cleaner...... Pray it all works out the way it is in my head :)

1 comment:

Jeane said...

What an exciting arrangement...working from home. I'm sure it helps to have 'others' live out in your neck of the woods. Maybe moving out of downtown is a little closer!