Last week I resolved not to worry about things I couldn't change, or had no control over. This was mostly work related after getting way to worked up a few days in a row over things that I had no way of controling or changing. So this makes it even harder when I CAN control something and DON'T!.
I woke up today with a terrible case of the Mondays. For no real reason except I went to bed really disapointed in myself yesterday. Some how I managed to take off 3 days between getting back from Boston and Sunday and although in my head it was all completely justified, it killed me when I looked at my training log and plan and realized I'd messed up pretty badly. It started with me taking Tuesday off to spend some time with the boys after being gone. That was OK becasue although I took Sunday off last weekend, I did a lot of walking and was OK with it. I should have run Friday morning but didn't, I figured I'd make up for it this weekend with 2 good runs. Top that off by the fact that I mis planned: Thought I was supposed to do 5 and 9 and I was really supposed to do 11 and 8. Saturday I did 12 instead of what I thought was supposed to be 9, so I felt a little better, until I realized I really didn't do more than I was supposed to. Grrr. I wanted to run before work every day this week but it was after 11:30 when I realzied what I'd done and I can't do 8 miles before work, get Walter ready and still get into work before 8 so I am going to run tonight. I guess that measn I have to work that much harder the next few weeks to make up for it. This really is make it or break it time in my training: The miles start adding up and I don't peak for a few more weeks still. I really need to stick through this.
I felt a little better when I came outside and saw my clean car, the feshly laid mulch, mowed grass, planted plants and nice clean yard, becuase we were very productive this weekend but I was still disapointed. I am going to shift my training to have Sunday's be my cross training day because I do think that lifting 13 bags of mulch into the cart, into my car, into the driveway and then carting them around the yard is a work out and as the weather stays nice (hopefully) I'll be able to use Sunday as family day and still be active.
So....the weekend recap: Friday night Evan went out and I stayed home to get the house in order. I really needed it and I really needed a night to get things done peacefully. I had drinks with clients, picked up dinner on the way home and got home just in time for books and bed with the little man before Evan scooted out. Saturday Walter rewarded me with an early morning, we were up before 8am but that just meant more time to play, read, and work on laundry together. He helped me wash the floors and sweep and went down for an early nap just about the time daddy woke for the day. I have to say I was disapointed because I had a few things I was looking forward to doing but as I said before, not worrying about things I can't control and Walter's naps is one of them. He was not up for long when he went down again which only meant we didn't get to do any of the fun things I'd planned :). I had plans to meet some girls for drinks but canceled so we could go to the park when Walter got up and then get a run in. After getting lost, coming home an hour after I said I would be, Evan grilled and we had a low key night in. Evan and Walter share a bond that can't be duplicated. He slept in till 9 on Sunday and then Walter and I went to the childrens museum. He is right on the edge of being age approporiate for that place. Very over stimulated and he didn't really "get" anything that was there so I wouldn't pay full price for him to go again but he had fun running around and playing with the other kids. He was exhausted and while he napped I did my favorite weekend activities: Groceries, cleaning, laundry, ick. Walter loves to help us do anything we do. Later in the day he loved to help with the mulch, even if that meant using the tools to put it back into the pots, or dump it on the sidwalk. At least he was out of harms way. We could keep him busy for about 10 minutes with the push broom and he would push the mulch into the grass. He also LOVED washing the car and even took the hose and sprayed himself many many times. He loved to play in the water bucket, wash the car with the rag, and he loved it when I sprayed the car to rinse it. Then when I got rid of the water in the bucket, his absolute favorite was to play in the puddles. He was drenched head to toe, but it was worth it to see him have so much fun! Walter helped me clean his toys up before bed even, so it was all in all a very productive day. He and I were very tired after it was all done.
Thankfully we have an easy week this week so I hope to relax a little and get caught up on some things. More from us late I'm sure if there is something interesting to report.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment