I'm doing something I haven't done in awhile, eating in front of the computer instead of a real "meal" at the table with my family (side note, the green beans are burnts because I let them steam too long and the water evaporated. They were almost perfect too, ooops, but the chicken is done perfectly and the rice and the last peice of pumpkin bread are pretty perfect) Walter just went down. I bought him a pillow today, I have been looking for one for awhile. SEems silly, a pillow is a pillow, right? But I want one that fits in his crib, is breathable, is not to soft but not too hard and that he would like. I found one today and he seems to love it, put his little head right down and curled up and was out.
Bed time is so much fun these days. We read the going to bed book, which actually has motions, self made up to keep him interested, and he sits on my lap and we read the book. We then say Mr Music please, turn on the music and then get into bed and kiss all his animals good night. He does an open mouth kiss and says "ahhh" instead of a kissing noise but he knows what to do. He also has recently started to recognize himself in pictures. He'll point to the baby and then to himself.
So how did he end up with his new pillow? Well i have been considering getting him a chair of his own for christmas. The glider never made it to his room after the move because there is not a whole lot of space for it (bigger closet, not complaining). so we read on the floor. Plus he is starting to like sitting on the couch and tries to crawl up there and I thought a chair of his own would be cool. But my sensible husband is saying that he will soon be able to crawl on the couch on his own so a little mini club chair isn't needed, he'd probably rather sit with us anyway. I am still considering getting a bean bag or a little chair for his room for him to sit in and read or us to sit in together. So I went to this store today that specializes in baby and kids rooms and they had the most fablous chairs. So adorable, mini recliners, mini "real" furniture, good thing they only had 1 chair that was remotely boy and it would clash with everything or I would have come home with one. I only spent a modest amount of money on other things though one of them being a pillow and another one being a new sheet (on clearance) becasue some of his are getting warn out. I thought about getting a changing table cover now that he is out of the peeing on everything everytime his diaper gets changed phase, becasue I think I packed away the one I originaly bought, but decided to try to dig it out instead. And just in time too because the changing pad has a tear in it that someone likes to put his fingers in and make bigger. I think we are just about done with the changing table anyway, he loves to sit on it and rock and it's about had it's last rocking.
I'm going to get back to work. Thursday Paul and I have a sales pitch that could make our year, or at least put us to the point that doesn't feel like the market is down 40%. We are all anxiously preparing for it.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment