I've been meaning to sit down and write an update for about a week. Every night something seems to come up though!
Things have been good here, we finally got the rain that was kind enough to wait till November to show up. It rained non stop for 3 days and now we are having flooding. We did this last year too and it was pretty bad, washed out part of I5 in December!
We are enjoying the house but are going throug an adjustment period (mainly me). I spend way too much time in the car and I don't like it. I don't like the commute, the unpredictable traffic, the fact it is dark when I leave. I am not home till after Evan now and this is not something I am familiar with. When Evan had to drive across the bridge, he adjusted his schedule accordingly and now my adjustment is to leave the house at 7am so that I can leave work by 5 to get Walter. Last night in particular I left at 5 so that I could be there by 6, it closes at 6:30, I had to have Evan leave to go get him becasue of traffic! I didn't get home till 7pm . And then my next problem is Walter is so tired from 1 nap a day he is ready for bed by 7 pm. We keep him up till 7:30 so I can spend some time with him but he's cranky and ready for bed by 7pm.
Last Saturday night Walter came down with what we think is a stomach bug. No fever, just barfy. He got sick a few days this week as well but other than throwing up seems up beat and happy (a little cranky from being tired but no other symptoms). I think I also got the same bug as Tuesday I barely could get out of bed. I ended up working the rest of the week but just not feeling right and not tolerating much food wise.
I was in San Francisco on Wednesday and then last night we relaxed a bit together before early to bed. This am we both worked from home in the morning, I called the Peditrician when they opened at 8:30 and waited for her to call me back so that if she wanted to see Walter I didn't have to cross the bridge twice. She ended up not calling until after 12. I went into the office at 11:30 so that I could get a few hours of work done. Evan was working when I left as Walter was napping. He naps so much on the weekends from being so tired all week, hopefully this will give us more time with him this weekend if he has today to catch up on sleep.
We have nothing planned this weekend. More things to get settled with the house. I'm at a very high irritation level with the land lords of our "old" house. We just paid november rent and our lease tells us they have to ask our permission to bring anyone through the house, which I know Carol was in it but I'm not sure if anyone else has been. He asked this week if we had cleaned the carpets and gotten all of our stuff out. MOST everything is out but a few things and we are still paying rent therefore still occupying the residence. If he is waiting until it is 100% cleared out to show it he needs to tell us but I can't write an email back yet because I can't find the polite words to express my frusteration. That is my goal for the end of the day today because if there is somethin I can be doing differently to get the house shown, I'd like to know.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It has been a busy week for you! and especially if you weren't feeling well. The time change is hard even when it is not raining so I would think that might have had an influence on everything. Hope you found a way to nicely state your thoughts. Did you get the carpets cleaned yet?
Love and a hug!
Post a Comment