Today was Walter's second day at Kindercare. I is going well. Here is how well: Today I dropped him off ( 2 days into it and Evan is already finding ways to get me to take him so he doesnt' have to get up :)), I had to run back out to the car to get the wipes, and I come back in and he is sitting in a CHAIR, not a highchair, a kiddy chair, and feeding himself with a spoon. I thought it was bad enough that he was having to switch to a sippy and milk so early and now a chair and a spoon?!?
His teacher is Meagan. She's fine. I recall not having the warm fuzzy feeling with Amy right away but I do miss her. I miss how everyone at Fairview loved and loved and LOVED Walter. It felt more like family, now he just feels like one of the others. I know it will get better. Megan is going to try to break him of his paci. I should be glad right? She also gives him juice which I have to put the stop to. I'd rather he drink milk and he is barely having wet diapers I don't like that he doesn't drink much during the day. So he is going to grow up huge and do all this big kid things and I'm going to have to get used to it.
Because he is with the big kids, he gets to play outside and he gets to sing songs and read books which I'm sure he loves (the songs over the books). TOmorrow is a busy day. I have an 8am meeting, and then Walter has an 11am dr apt. SO i have to pick him up in Issaquah, take him to North Seattle, then back to day care for an hour while I go to another meeting and then i want to pick him up and take him to Microsoft to trick or treat in his costume, which he hates. I hope he tolerates it enough to keep it on for pictures at least.
I'm going to go start some laundry and relax on the couch with my hubby. Something we haven't done in a few weeks, just the 2 of us. Hopefully I'll have pictures of tomorrow soon!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is tough changing day care no matter what. I can't believe he sits in a chair! Amazing! And a spoon. I agree this growing up is moving too fast but really you can't 'make' him grow up...it is part of the deal-they do it even if we don't want it. I'll be anxious to see if he is ready to give up his paci at naps. He doesn't need it otherwise. Hope the day goes smoothly! Love and a hug!
Post a Comment