I spent most of the day Saturday grumpy. I had some errands to run and wanted to get them all done at the same time but the rain made it less than ideal. I went to Kohls to get Walters birthday present, it was to be on sale. It was only on sale until noon and although I was there at noon I did not check out at noon so no sale. I did get the present anyway because I was already there. I also managed to snag some play clothes for the little man. I wanted to go to Michaels to buy a specific glitter product, I couldn't find what I wanted at Staples or Target, but parking getting him in out in the car is too much in the rain with no rain coat. I did go to Macy's. They were having a 1 day shopping pass and I wanted to get some sheets. They didn't have the right size. So all in all I really didn't get done anything I wanted to....but we had a great dinner with CB and John so that was worth it.
Sunday the sun came out and I did a decent amount of yard work. Not as much as I would normaly do if I were to be living there longer, I would have actualy gone down eep enough to get the roots of the weeds but I really just wanted it to look OK for new potential renters. I want to mulch but Evan says no it's not our job or responsibilty. I feel like if it looks really nice they will rent it sooner and have no excuse for keeping it un rented for a month.
Despite the sunshine I still didn't run yesterday. I also didn't get any painting done. Walter wouldn't sleep anywhere except his crib so his 2 long naps yesterday which would have been a great opportunity paint, were not productive in the painting department. They were productive in the yard work department though. Before I went to bed I manged to get all the taping done and everything off the wall which was more work than I thought but I wanted to position the room in a manner that would make painting less of a task. At about 6pm I realized Casey hadn't eaten all day because we were out of dog food so I had to go to a store to get some. Target seemed like the best bet, they had finger foods on sale so I could load up Walter for eating at school this week.
After I got home I almost finished the invitations even with out the particular type of glitter I was looking for. I seriously have problems. I'm watching every penny I spend because of some pressure from the better half so I bought $.22 glue and really wanted a glue stick too (at $.97) but didn't buy it because I thought I could get by on glue alone. SO NOT TRUE! The invitations would have looked much nicer with a glue stick instead of glue. It got all over my figners and it "leaked" on to the paper and I'm not pleased with the turn out, but OH well, too late, lesson learned. No work out yesterday but I did get some weights in out of guilt alone. The eliptical makes a weird noise so I can't do it. It's so irritating for me that I would rather not work out than put up with an hour of that squeeking. Evan says he fix it when it's apart during the move. We got into a discussion about the eliptical too. I think he should wipe it with dis infectant each time he uses it. He disagrees, says it doesn't matter becasue it's just he and I that use it and occasionaly visitors. I think it will last longer, smell less and look nicer if we take care of it. Help me out please? I need a decent arguement preferably with facts, for why he should take 30 seconds and wipe it down and "because I politely asked you to do so" does not work.
Evan was getting sick yesterday but he said he'd stay home today and paint. They have an RC (release candidate) so his work is cut way back so he thought he could get away with working from home today, but if he is sick, painting wouldn't work. I didn't bug him all day, wanted him to rest but secretly wanted him to paint too and I just talked to him, he asked me to bring homea sponge brush so he can finish painting!!!! Can you believe it? He did it, I'm so happy and I didn't even have to bug, pressure, or barter. I know he felt crummy that I appreciate it even more. And I managed to find a stash of boxes at the office so I don't even have to stop at REI on the way home, which is great becasue I was so busy today I didn't even realize I hadn't eaten lunch until 4pm.
If I get time tonight I'll be back to outline all of the great not even planned things about the house and what I'm looking forward to the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment