I hate this time of the weekend. Sunday night 9pm. The Fun is over, everyone is tired, the only thing to "look forward to" is Monday.
Walter is laying in his crib sobbing, exhausted. But he won't give in. He's been a little difficult to get to sleep all weekend for naps and for bed. I'm not sure what it is. He's been rubbing his eyes and tired since 7:30 so he should just go to sleep. It's cooled down so I' have him in long PJ's but if he doesn't relax in 3 more minutes I'll go in and change him and see if that helps him.
We all had a pretty good weekend but are ALL coming down with the same thing that has been getting worse all day. Started with a sore throat, now runny nose, head ache, icky feeling. I think it started with Walter.
Friday was a pretty low key night. Lots of relaxing and catching up on house work. Saturday weather wise was pretty much what we expected. After hanging around the house for a few hours, Walter Casey and I went on a nice long run while Evan worked out. Our end destination was Carkeek Park which is slowly becoming one of my favorites because of the amount of enjoyment there. There is a beach, walking trails, a playground and train tracks with real trains that W likes to watch. The plan was for us to run there and Evan to meet us there at 1:30.We got there and it promptly started to rain. Casey wasn't allowed on the beach and the walking trails had stairs, that the stroller didn't work so well on. So......it wasn't as great of an idea as I thought it would be
(4 minutes later Walter is now asleep, good little boy)
Saturday we ended up bribing, I mean asking Jon and Connie to watch Walter and they were gracious enough to keep him till the movie ended just after 1am. We had dinner at Brian and Melissa's and then Batman at the IMAX. It was a great, cheap night at $3/ticket. I do have to get them a gift certificate still but well worth it considering how loved he was and that any other sitter we would have paid over $10/hour for.
We all slept in today and got a slow start to the day. I made a week's worth of meals in a "heat and serve" fashion which is always more of a task than I am prepared for and about the 4th meal in I'm done and still have the clean up. This project, although mostly complted by noon, wasn't in it's final stages until about 10 minutes ago when I finally washed and put away the last pot and the spagetti sauce was cool enough to freeze. BUT we have a week's worth of food, plus some, that either of us can easily prepare and we have left overs from tonight already. I even managed to clean most of the bathroom while Walter was playing in the bath tub, after the water had been drained. He loves to sit play with his bath toys and then put them all in the basket, including our shampoo's and soaps, so I let him while I cleaned the bathroom. Laundry is almost all put away and the end of it is in the dryer now. I even washed my car tonight to try to get the remains of the goo-gone off. I went to Babies R Us tonight and spent way too much money. I went for a car seat, diapers, baby gate and formula so it was going to be an expensive trip anyway. The only "non essentials" I bought were socks and PJ's both of which Walter is out of. He's got 4 set's of PJ's that fit. Not to say we don't still use those that don't fit so well but it's nice to have 3 more pair in 12 and 18 month that can be worn now and into the next 3-6 months because he is pretty well stocked on clothes for the next 3-6 months. PJ's are expensive. More than most clothes but they are the 1 thing that gets lots and lots of wear and washing.
I'm in Portland on Tuesday but still don't know when i'm leaving. I might take off tomorrow night but only if my meeting is before 9am. After the meeting I was invited to the Nike Corporate office for a tour and friends and family sale so I fully intend to take Joe up on that. Joe is our Portland sales guy. He is my age-ish and I adore him. I wish he worked WITH us. He is great at his job, people love him and he makes a great name for our firm in his area so I'm really happy to have the day to spend with him. In my new role as vendor relations, I'm supposed to do things like get vendors to like us and give us money or give us leads. The meeting I'm going to with Joe is a new lead from a vendor I hooked him up with so he asked me to come along to "group sell" something Paul and Mike have been doing for awhile and have been pleased with. So I hope I do well for Joe and I hope it's not a waste of a day!
After that I'm back in San Francisco on the 25th for 2 or 3 days. It's better, in my opinion, to go for 3 days 4 times a year than for 1 or 2 days each month. Plus I haven't been in the summer and I'm looking forward to a chance to do some sight seeing. I wish the boys could come with me. Maybe next time.
Evan and I are going to discuss Christmas plans before bed quickly. Our goal is not to spend an entire paycheck on travel. Probably won't happen but here's to hoping!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment