Monday, May 05, 2008

Go Pen's

Our lives have slowed down for about a day. Tonight we are going to dinner with Camaron, Chris and their friends Mike and Natalie for Camaron's birthday (and to see if Natalie and I can be friends to replace Camaron in my life when she leaves). It was supposed to be at 7 then it got moved to 8 which does not work well for us as it's pushing W's bedtime. I'm going to see if Ariel from daycare can watch him but it's pretty last minute. I told Camaron I might have to leave early. Like before we eat, if it doesn't work out. Tomorrow we get the pleasure of entertaining again, Evan's uncle will be in town and we get to hang out with him for the evening and Wednesday I'm sure I'll be packing and getting ready to head home. I think this trip snuck up on both of us, but that's a good thing. Evan's trip was great. The demo went well and he made it home safely. That's about all the update I had time for before I left Thursday. I was nice to him and let him sleep in on Thursday, I took the babe into day care to finish off his week of being the first kid in the morning. Evan appreciated the extra sleep because I successfully got Walt on that schedul so he woke up bright and early while I was gone! My friend Connie was able to pick W up on Thursday so Evan could work late smashing bugs. She loved the time with him and Evan was greatful. Evan got off of work early on Friday becasue they were so successful on Thursday so he got Walter pretty early on Friday as well. No surprise to me they survived well while I was gone. Evan called me on Saturday on my way home to see what I had thought for dinner. When I told him I wanted pizza he grumbled a bit because I guess he'd had a whole lot of pizza when I was gone :) My trip was great. A lot of down time which is not what I expected. I did not get as much out of the conference as I'd hoped professionaly, but I got a lot of relaxing in and a lot of co-worker time in. The aquarium, walking the (not sandy but rocky) beach, massages, tours of the area (walking and via convertable). I'm happy to be home. I didn't get nearly as much sleep as I would have liked because we were staying off site so we didn't go "home" nearly as early as we should have but it was good exposure to some fun people. Women or grossly under represented in this industry so there was a lot of attention on Jackie and I. I'm off to get things done at home before dinner. More from us later this week.

No comments: