I'm sitting in the dark munching on soy crisps. THe last 3 times I tried to make dinner W started sobbing. We do let him cry himself to sleep but his cry souned hurt. I would go in there and he'd be looking up at me with huge sad eyes and his arms straight in the air, the sign for "up". It was heart breaking, but so awesome at the same time. He's starting to quite himself down
I win the award for worst mother of the day today. We were out running in 42 degree weather when it started to rain. The stroller has a pretty large rain sheild but we were already 1.5 miles away from home so the only thing to do was run faster! I needed to get Casey some attention since the poor doggie has not been feeling much love lately. Walter remained dry some how. I had 3 blankets with me because 1 he was playing with before we left and would not put down, one "lives" in his stroller and 1 was used as a pillow for him to snuggle against in case he decided to go to sleep.
I will admit I'm starting to get a little lonely with no one (but Walter) to come home to. Evan is out at dinner now with his team celebrating a very successful demo and a great keynote. I'm proud of him. He served his purpose and at first was thinking it's kind of a waste for him to be there but I think now he's seen his value and he was able to help which is great. SCVMM is getting great reviews. We expect it to start popping up on line in blogs and in reviews now that the conference is underway.
Last night we had a good night. After dinner (prunes, his first fruit), web cam with the Hartz's and a bath W just played on the floor for about 40 minutes. He's so close to crawling. He'll lift up his leg so he's on 1 knee and the other leg is still flat and he looks at me like, OK what now. When he can't figure out how to crawl forward to get the toy he wants he starts to scoot in circles. He also starts "dancing" and moving his legs like crazy. I got it on video but I'm having a hard time uploading it because it's either too big or something is wrong with the file. So stay tuned to see if it works out.
I've been pretty busy at work so far this week but much more managable than last week I think because I have far fewer meetings and I'm not spending a day in the Oakland airport. The guys leave for Pebble Beach tomorrow so it will be a slow day as I get ready for the conference and being out for 2 days.
One of the countless great things about Walter is that sometimes at night he cries for about 20 minutes and then I go in there and pick him up and that's all he wanted. He shuts his eyes, curls into your neck and is out in 1 minute flat. It's so great to know that I can calm him that way! This story is not turning out this way tonight, he's still pretty fussy so I'm going to go spoil him and rock him to sleep. Consider it my way of entertaining myself while my husband is gone. It's either that or clean....which would you choose?
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment