Evan has been telling Walt for awhile now that he is my "doll" I like to dress him up, pose him, get him to do all sorts of things, as evidenced by his "monthly" pictures and various other shots I've gotten over time.
But now he's starting to have his own will. Last night I tried to get him to pose for a picture for Grandpa's birthday. I tried for over 30 minutes to get a shot and he kept exprssing his own individuality, which lead to a very amusing string of shots with him laying on the bear, eating the bear, hugging the bear, all but sitting and holding the bear in his lap. It is very nice though to see him so much more responsive with all of his toys and to want to explore everytyhing with his mouth. I thought this shot was particularly adorable given that he put that pacificer in his mouth by himself.
Monday night was much better than Sunday night. Walt went down with a bit of a fight but stayed asleep until 6:15 and then went back to sleep so long that Evan didn't get up. He said he didn't set his alarm because Walter always wakes him up, but he didn't yesterday! Last night he went down well, and woke at about 3:45 and then again at 7 but was sound asleep in his crib when I left about 5 minutes after I finished feeding him. I wish I could have taken a picture of him at 5:30am this am when I got up. We are done swaddeling for sure now. He had his arms out so the blanket was velcroed around his waist. One leg was out and the velcro that holds the bottom part up, had gotten stuck on one of his toys so he was trying to break himself free but it wasn't happening. It was very funny, but I didn't want to risk waking him more than he was and taking a picture.
He sleeps in an L shape recently. Yesterday when I picked him up at day care he was doing the same thing. He folds over at the waste and touches his toes, and falls asleep that way.
The next few days are going to be busy, but I hate being at work when I have this much to do outside of work. For instance I have to go find a new ski bag because the one I got isn't the right one I guess. Some day I'm going to learn my lesson that Evan should just do these things himself because I waste so much time buying, returing, rebuying things that "aren't right" for some reason or another. If I had the information to know what was "right" and what was "wrong" I wouldn't buy the wrong one in the first place. But I agreed to go because the locations of the stores are more convenient for me, so there is my lunch hour today. If the second one is wrong, he can use it or return it and it'll be his problem.
I also would REALLY like to get about an hour to get the yard attended to. We have a serious moss problem in the yard and clover and crab grass problem in the garden and all the flower beds. I just want to get some Lyme down in the yard and some corn gluten meal down in the garden before we leave so that when we get back hopefully I can have an easier time weeding and maybe the moss problem will fix it's self if we get the ph under control. We are expected to get some rain while we are gone so I think if I wait till we get back it will be more serious of a problem. Fortunately there is still a decent amount of day light when I get off of work. Happy Wednesday. Where did the week go, wasn't it just Sunday night?
No comments:
Post a Comment