Friday, February 01, 2008

T.G.I.F (and random thoughts)

The difference between Bread Co (Panera) in St. Louis and in Seattle: In St. Louis they know that the morning will be busy with large bagle and coffee orders so they have more than 1 person working. In Seattle no one knows who they are yet so they think they only need 1 person working. Ummmm.... Why does Microsoft need to buy Yahoo? Friendly competition is good, and let everyone do what they do well. You don't need to do EVERYTHING! Point proven: Don't put all your savings in company stock, even if it is Microsoft (although a 6.5% decline is not bad relative to the rest of the market these days) but still, errrrr. I feel bad for people that we know that LITERLY have everything in MS Stock. Washington state is getting dumped on by snow :) The I90 pass is closed and has been for days. It's burried under something like 10 feet of snow and there are sever avalanch conditions. We discussed going snow shoeing this weekend but 1/ i'm scared to get caught in an avalanch 2/ it will be packed with people skiing, snow shoeing ect... because of all the fresh snow. Maybe when we get back from St. Louis. This was a great week. I had a great 29th birthday. Jeane is here so it felt like a real family celebration since we are normaly so far away that it's just us. We had a great dinner and a real home made birthday cake! Walt got me an IPOD Nano and Casey got me the Nike+ Ipod running kit, as if to say, take me running you lazy woman. I'm scared of it right now, it's rather daunting to try to figure out how it will work and what not but I'm excited to give it a try. If only it will stop freezing rain here! I have like 9 songs on my IPOD. At the rate i buy music it will take me 9 years to fill it up. But I'm glad I have it! No real superbowl plans yet. We are either going to have people over to our house or go to Briand and Melissa's. Tonight is MOPS. We are doing chocoloate fondue. I'm sure that, with the birthday cake still left, will really help my weight loss goals :) We did finaly get the eliptical, the day before Evan went back to work, and he put it together. But one peice got broken in the process and now a tiny peice of plastic is inside one of the tubes and it drives me crazy so I'm gonna have to get over that real quick. Evan has already used it twice, although being too tall (our basement ceilings are very short) so he has to duck as he comes up to the top :) Evan's first few days back to work were "fine" and he has nothing of note to report. Are you surprised? It's life as usual (sort of) as of now, except I can get ready much more quickly because Jeane is there to look after Walt, and dinner is ready when we get home from work and the house is clean.....OK so far from normal but it's definately better! Walt watches a lot less TV too and she is trying to get him to nap in his crib. I think I'm in heaven.

No comments: