Sunday, January 06, 2008

Just another ordinary day

I'm not going to talk about how I go back to work tomorrow after the most incredible 11 weeks. Instead let's talk about the good things: Almost all of the luggage is unpacked and downstairs. (Evan put a lot of his clothes in the clean laundry basket so they aren't "Put away" but it'll do for now. After a trip to Target last night to get a vaccuume and a bouncy chair, I came home with a replacement/additional white nursing tank, and some size 2 diapers as well as a wipes container that closes (that was broken first use) and none of the desired items. We went "up north" to the other target today and again they didn't have either of the above items. We finally bought a bouncy chair at Babies R Us, Walt doesn't hate it but we haven't yet tested it to see if it will calm him down. Still no vaccuume. Iwanted to buy another version of the one I have now, upgraded for pet hair but he says that because it is endorsed as a pet hair edition, is not a good enough reason to buy it since the one we have now is broken. But it lasted 2 years, how long is a vaccuume expected to last? I also finished the laundry, packed my lunch and my bag for tomorrow and Igrocery shopped. We cheated though, because we couldn't decide who should go: I didn't want to but Evan doesn't know what to buy so I shopped on line and the groceries will be here tomorrow between1-3. I should probably mention this is a free service through Microsoft, and I do think I spent less money than I normaly do because I only bought what was on my list and nothing else so it's a money saver if nothing else. It took me about 3 hours but next time should be quicker as you can just go to your last trip and add and delete what you already know you want/need. I know I'm not even a working mom yet and I'm already cheating. I do have dinner planned for tomorrow night and will put it in the crockpot before I leave so Evan can turn it on. Does that redeme any points for me? I'm off to iron and finalize plans for the am with evan. The item to discuss, do I wake the baby and feed him before I leave or pump and leave a bottle for Evan to feed him? Which ever allows him to sleep the longest is his answer and this is a tough one: if I waken him there is a chance he won't go right back to sleep and Evan will have to get up, but if he is fed, he is likely to sleep longer. This week will be a challenge. Finaly note: Updates on Walter. He woke up twice last night, every 3 hours, but he only napped once yesterday for an hour and went down for the night at 9pm. He also giggled yesterday! It was so awesome and we haven't been able to get him to do it again. He giggled for a few seconds! Good night all and say a few (OK lots) of prayers forme tomorrow that we all make it through tomorrow OK.

No comments: