Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm back!

I'm back, and look at that.....everyone survived! in a nut shell I was incredibly homesick. I missed my boys so much! Monday night when I got to the hotel I was so exhausted, that made things easier. I always seem to forget to eat when I'm traveling....too much focusing on what's going on and not enough time to think about how hungry I am until I'm either stuck on a plane for 6 hours or at a hotel at 11pm in Rochester NY. I managed to navigate the NYC transit system despite it being MLK day and half the trains running on a modified schedule, and my inablity to determine N from S or E from W in a foreign city. My friend Angie has an uncanny sense of direction that I could have used multiple times on my trip. I was so excited to see the boys last night. We walked in the door about 12:15am. I slept well and am looking forward to another good night sleep tonight. Walt is asleep and Evan is at the grocery store picking up the essentials, including diapers since we have 7 to last till tomorrow. Opps! Here are the, important and unimportant highlights in no particular order
  • the Rochester NY airport has a nice nursing lounge, that is not private but has a working outlet and is very comfortable.
  • JFK airport has a very crappy nursing room that is in the Jet Blue terminal conveniently enough, but it is in the only bathroom in that terminal, so it's high traffic and the outlet doesn't work and it's not private at all.
  • On the flight out, the woman sitting next to me was pumping. Very cool until she did it every 2 hours and woke up our row each time she had to get her gear out. I'm proud of her for doing it but wish she could have done it less than 3 times on the flight, when we were all trying to get some sleep
  • I wish I could fly Jet Blue everywhere, all the time. It flies out east so we will fly that from now on because it's just so comfortable and the personal TV's are very cool. It makes the 4-6 hour flight so much more managable.

The most important thing is the boys did great with out me. Walt gave Evan some greif at bed and nap times but they all managed to survive. Sunday night when we left Walt didn't want to go back to sleep after Evan got him home. To make matters worse, he decided to get up about 5am also to eat. Poor guy!

In Rochester I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the milk that I had pumped that day because it should have been put in a fridge. It didn't take me long to figure out that the 4 degree weather made the rental car a great option! and it was frozen in the am! Somehow my cooler bag sprung a leak and I leaked breast milk all over the overhead storage bin. And as I was walking out of the airport I left a trail, but I made it home with enough for 2 days of food for walt.

OK I'm going to get ready for bed, finish the laundry and the dishes and Head. To. Bed.

More from us this week.

No comments: