Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day 2....

The hardest part of the day is getting out of the house. I woke up 45 minutes earlier today than yesterday and was still not out of the house by the time that I wanted to be here. It's going to take time to adjust. I was a superstar last night: Got home from work and had dinner finished and cleaned up before Evan was noramly home from work! I was also passed out on the couch before 10pm so I guess I was tired. It's no fail that the baby will wake up and want to eat no matter what time I want to go to work. He was down early last night: 9:11 I finally put him in his crib, and he was up at 4am and at 7am. So 7 hours is great, if only we could push that back a bit so he'll sleep till 5 or 6. That would be ideal! I tried to let him play in his crib at 7 to see if he'd go back to sleep but no such luck. I finally fed him at 7:30 and put him in bed with Evan while I finished getting ready and by 8 he was awake in bed, just cooing and trying to break out of his swaddle. He's darn cute! He watched me get dressed and as soon as I walked out of the room he decided he'd had enough and was ready to be up so Evan go up with him. I decided to be nice last night since Evan had a horrible cough, and let him sleep so I got up with Walt at 4am, which is not the plan, but I'm sure Evan appreciated, and deserved the extra sleep. So tomorrow I'll wake up at 5:30 and see if that helps me get to work on time. I can't imagine how this is going to work when Evan has to be up and go to work as well. Maybe we'll both have to get up at 5am to get everything done! Too bad Evan can't pump for me, that would sure be nice. On a side note, since doing more bottle feeding, Walt has become lazy, he does like to nurse when it's not coming as quickly, especially towards the end of a feeding. He gets frusterated and starts to pull. A co worker said that she used to scream "ouch" when the baby would hurt her so that he knew not to do that but it's not working. I really want to keep breastfeeding for at leat 2 more months but now ( I hate pumping at work, and he's starting this pulling thing) it's becoming more of a challenge and I get frusterated and feel like quitting. I'm going to take it day by day.

No comments: