Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving update

I'm stealing a few quick minutes while Walt naps for a quick update. There is so much to say and so little time to write it. We had a fablous trip back home for thanksgiving. Walt did great on the trip out to the QC. The key is to leave bright and early. He slept through most of it and then was refreshed and awake for the rest of the day! He had a great time meeting all his cousins, aunts, uncles and friends! The poor guy didn't take 1 single nap in a crib or bed the entire week! So it was a bit more difficult getting him to nap in his crib today but we just let him cry until he fell asleep. Unfortunatly as much as I would love it, I can't hold him through every nap every day. The trip back was later in the afternoon and he was a bit more fussy. He nursed almost every hour and that was probably my fault because after nothing else worked (diaper changes, burping, ect....) I would feed him. The only time I really wished I had Evan with me was when I needed an extra set of hands like folding up the stroller, putting the bag in the over head bin, and when I wanted to eat but the baby didn't want to be in his stroller, he wanted to be held! :) He did have an accident where his diaper leaked all over he and me on the plane. We were sitting in the window seat so that kinda sucked. here's what I learned for next trip:
  • take the early flight, so he sleeps and still has part of the day left when he arrives to play and be awake
  • sit in the asile so that diaper changes and accessing the diaper bag is more convenient
  • dress lightly. carrying the baby is very hot.
  • I will bring Walts baby duffle bag and not the diaper bag on the plane. More room for what we will need on the plane

Walt also got his first cold. He is stuffy and wheezy. And now he has a rash on his face. It's not that bad but it bothers me so if it's not gone by end of the week I'll ask the peditrician. The humidifier works on his cold so I have to go get one today, amongst other things: Milk, fruit, all food that spoiled while I was gone. Hopefully tonight when Evan gets home I can get to the grocery store.

It's chilly here but sunny today. It's a nice day to get out and get a run or nice long walk in, but I am so exhausted after yesterday. I should also do some laundry since the baby wash exploded all over the suit case and Walts things.

And there's the baby, I'm off! Here are pics from the week and hopefully by the end of the day there will be captions.

Thanksgiving pictures

No comments: