Thursday, November 08, 2007

Oh My GOSH, IT WORKED!

Evan and I went out fo dinner tonight. Because 1: I was planning on having more than 1 glass of wine (I ended up not) and 2: we weren't sure how long we'd be out, I pumped enough for a bottle for Grandma and Grandpa to feed him while we were out. He never got around to being hungry while we were gone but when we got home I had Evan give it to him. He gulped it all, 5 ozs, in 3 minutes, and was still hungry, so I un-thawed another 4 ounces and he took 2 or those! THen about 20 minutes later he STILL looked hungry so I nursed him again! I'm not sure how much he ate at that point BUT......that was at a little after 10pm and he SLEPT UNTIL 3:11 am!!!!! Stock piling all that food worked! He slept so well. I woke up about every 40 minutes started at 12:30 waiting for him to wake and did not get out of bed to check on him but was very tempted to! Who knows if this was just a fluke or if it really works to load him up before bed. We were laughing so hard at him eating SOOOOO Much, but if we just feed him 2 feedings worth at bed time, maybe he'll sleep through a feeding. Could this be too good to be true? I'm not sure but I'm trying it again tomorrow night. THis does mean that I will have to pump once more each day, which I hate but I'm willing to try it to avoid having to be up for an hour between 12:30 and 2:30 each morning. YEAH!!! THe little guy is out again so I'm back to bed. He didn't eat nearly as much this time, but I think I'm starting to figure him out a little more each day!

No comments: