Thursday, August 30, 2007

Three words

I'm going to try something new, we'll see if it sticks: Each post will start with 3 words that describe the current "mood" or "feelings" Congested Anxious Craving I just got back from the doc. He spent a record breaking amount of time with me and even asked me more questions that I asked him. Shocker! Here's the new plan: I'm supposed to get up in time to give myself about 2 hours before I start the day. Hopefully this will get me feeling better sooner in the day (makes sense) Get movin in those first few hours, walk the dog (he'll love that) or do some yoga so I can increase the blood flow to my belly and my head since I sit all day, this could be causing the nausia and icky feeling. Also eat a bigger breakfast. More smaller meals through the day. Adjust my work schedule if I have to in order to accomodate this. This is my #1 chore. Get back to working out. He said I should train for labor like anything else. Just train differently. Start lifting again (yoga is considered lifting since I'm "lifting" my body) and 30-45 minutes of cardio at least 4 times a week. I need to strenghten my core. Get to bed earlier. Drink more. The 2 go hand in hand since the drinking more means more trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night the going to bed earlier makes up for that. And finally, gain more weight. I honestly don't think that I'm trying not too, I just eat what I can, which is probably a lot less since I have a shrinking stomach. That's where the smaller meals more often comes in. He ordered an ultra sound (yeah!) for sometime before the next appointment to make sure he's growing (I know he is, I can tell) since I haven't gained any weight in 6 weeks. I'm supposed to gain 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks. That is really scary. I already feel like a house. Where is the other 10 gonna go? I've only gained 17 so far..... Most of my weight gain was early though and I've done most of my growing over the last 6 weeks. At least we get to "see" him one more time. Based on the last picture we saw of him I'm so excited to see him. He's going to look so big and so "real" now that's he's putting on weight and filling out to more than just skin over bones. Evan's going with. On the way out I met a woman who was due 2 weeks ago. I told Evan last night that I don't want to be induced, I want to do this right, let the baby come out when he's ready, let it be natural. I feel like it's safer that way. I'm sure I'll change my mind and eat these words when the time comes and I'm 2 week over due but as for now, that's the plan. (he didn't agree to accept those terms as he thinks that I most definately will change my mind and he is only going to do what the doctors say is medicaly necessary) On the name front: we are getting closer to a narrowed down list. Last night we removed 3 names, and added 1. working in the right direction! I'm off to go take care of word #3 and try to find something sweet to munch on. Must-go-grocery shopping tonight!!

No comments: