Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And we're back

We are back from a great vacation, time spent with both families, nice relaxing time off from work and we even came back home to a clean house thanks to my mom having some down time before they left! To say we are meloncholy after the vacation is an understatement. It's a combination of looking forward to something for so long and being disapointed that we had to leave everyone. More of the later I think. As this baby gets closer and close it makes me more and more sad to have our family so far away. We spent 5 great days with my whole family in Seattle. The weather was decent on Friday and then the rest of the trip was typical Seattle. On Saturday we headed to a house "on the beach" in Brinnon WA, on the hood canal. It was steps away from the mountains and the ocean (technicly not the ocean but a body of water fed by the ocean is close enough, right?) The wildlife there was amazing. Out our window we saw harbor seals play. On the beach were endless amount of oysters, clams, starfish, jelly fish, you name it. Walking on the beach proved a little difficult when the tide was out because of all of the sharp shells but it just led to that much more lucartive beach combing. I realized last night that I did not bring home a single shell which is a shame because we are doing a beach themed babies room. Lesson learned. While in Brinnon, we went on a whale watching trip which proved a much greater outcome than I expected. We saw a 'pod' of whales and watched them for about 45 minutes before having lunch in Friday Harbor. It was beautiful and a great lesson as well. We had our fill (if possible) of smores each night and just enjoyed beign together. Tuesday evening we said a tearful goodbye to the Beitz clan and got on a plane to Pittsburgh to meet the Keiblers at Deep Creek. We did our share of relaxing, hanging with the family, catching up and trying to enjoy bits and peices of the sunshine. No water skiing this year (a sacrafice I'm willing to make) but we watched others rock the ski's and wake board. Another tearful good bye on Saturday lead way to a long day of travel with delayed flights and lay overs. We got home just after 1am on Sunday morning. Sunday we pretty much did nothing (including unpack) except put the bedrooms back together. I got a great idea to switch around the rooms and with the guys here thought it the perfect time. The only error in my plan was that the furniture from our room would not all fit into the other room so we had to move the 200lb dresser back into our room and replace all of the drawers and clothes when we got up on Sunday. Now, we can start painting the nursery and doing a little decorating. Right before we left (literaly) Evan finished his deadline and now was able to return to work with a much lighter load. This friday the head of all developers is having the entire team over for drinks and food. We are still debating if we'll go or not. We are talking about camping on Saturday if the weather is nice. It's amazing how far behind I feel on things like laundry, yard work, groceries, but at the same time, I don't care! I had a doctors appointment today, my July appt is my final 4 week apt, then I switch to every 2 weeks. Dr. Miller was in delivery (how dare he) so I met another doc who I enjoyed equaly as much. He told me I have only gained 11 lbs not the 14 I thought and that is COMPLETELY NORMALY. I've heard it 100X but still seeing that scale inch up has been hard on me. This doc, doesn't know me as well so my sense of humor was wasted on him I think. I also think I have a cavity so I got the OK to go to the dentist and get x-ray's. Who knew! He said I could have gone into the hot tub as long as it wasn't above 110 degrees and as long as I got out when I got too hot so as not to over heat. That would have been nice to know a week ago! Other than that, it's 71 degrees here today. Feels nice! I have a 6am flight to San Francisco tomorrow so I won't get to enjoy that much of it! I'm wondering how this is going to work with the swollen ankles, heals, and walking through down town San Fran and then back on the plane.....I'll keep you posted. Finaly, pics from vaca courtesy of Abbie since my camera conveniently broke right before we saw the whales! I've got some of the first part of the Beitz trip though. Enjoy! http://picasaweb.google.com/slkeebs/Vacation2007

No comments: