Thursday, April 26, 2007
I resolve
To try to learn from every experience I have, good or bad. What ever happened to you learn something new every day?
I'm certain I've had the opportunity to learn everyday, I just am not sure that I've noticed or paid much attention to the lesson God was trying to teach me. Over the past 2 weeks I've had the opportunity to deal with a variety of very nasty and not very happy people. A layer issue with a client which spiraled out of control and got worse each day led me to deal with people who weren't happen about the current situation and as a result were very nasty and not pleasant to deal with. I hate it when people don't like me and many times I've wanted to just walk away and let someone else deal with it. I hate to be the bearer of bad news and not offer a solution. Each time I helped the person (twice I was actually called a name or insulted directly although the problem had nothing to do with me or my firm) the individual responded with a thank you and once even an apology. I learned that people just want to be taken care of. I've never understood the people who call the cable company/bank/video store and yell and verbal abuse the person on the phone who may or may not have made a mistake, just to get their situation solved. I grew up being taught you get more bees with honey that will sour milk, but I've also learned through life that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I now understand these people. They spend their lives complaining and critiquing everything they can, and it works because their problems are always resolved and favorably. So what's the lesson here? Just give the people what they want. Some people are just expecting you to be wrong, or expecting you to screw up. If you can politely show them that there is no need to worry or that their concerns are valid, but un necessary, they will come around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment