Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Still on extended vacation
We are still enjoying our vacation! Today we enjoying doing just about nothing. Case and I discovered a fantanstic dog park while Evan worked. Dog parks here are just that....actual parks where dogs plan and run free. Dog Corral's are what we used to refer to as dog parks, and there are a fair amount of those also, but the parks are so much cooler. Tomorrow we plan to go back to show Evan so he can experience it for himself. The park typicaly allows for the dogs to have free reign in the Sammamish River but since it is Salmon season, the main flow of the river has been fenced off so that the doggies do not catch the salmon. Still much fun was had. I met a family with 5 border collies.
We also had a mini excursion tonight to try to find a Chiptole for dinner. I got lost coming back from the park and ran into an area that had many cool things: Hobby Lobby, Jo Anne's, Quiznos's, Papa Murphy's, and Chiptole. I drove and we did not ever find it again and Evan's tongue is very sore from biting it all night. I blame it on the car. After dinner we intended to look at cars but spent too much time driving around, that didn't happen. (we did find another Chiptole in Bellevue because google did not return results for a chiptole in Redmond. I think it's because it does not recognize Redmond as a place b/c of Microsoft. Either that or they now know Evan works for MS and are conspiring against us because our email is also deciding not to work lately. Evan thinks I'm crazy. Could be!) We looked at Subaru's and they are now no longer on our list. The outback is too large and 'momish' and the Impreza is nothing impressive. The interior is not anything to write home about and all we'd be paying for is a big engine and a fun car to drive which would loose all effect on me. The problem is now I have no idea what I want which means Evan is much more likely to make the decision than me. At the Subaru shop I kept asking him what he thought and his response was it doesn't matter, it's your car. The sales man thought I had it pretty good. I guess I do!
We also got a run in today. Evan's back hurt. We have to work on that. It's rather hilly here and you don't realize it until you are 2 miles into a constant gradual up hill. The park we are going to live by has a running path around a lake which is flat. Looking forward to that.
And I have another appointment at Clearpoint (job) Thursday at 8am. It will give me a good idea of what it's like to head that way at actual commute times. We have some details to discuss and I have lots more questions. It's just easier to sit down and discuss. Oh and our cars come tomorrow which I never thought I'd be so excited to have the Saturn back. When we left the Subaru shop tonight we both wined over the idea of having to drive home. I lost. I got to drive home.
That's the end of my random post. Only 5 days left of vacation :(. Tomorrow I think it's the waterfall and maybe test driving some cars to see what we do and don't like. Also back to the park to show off to Evan. We have to make the most of the last few days of being unemployed!
Off to bed I go (at 9:45 PST)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment