Sunday, September 10, 2006
Questions
I'm all over the place tonight, so bare with me.
So, what have we been up to? We are settling in as Seattleites. This week has been much more "normal" (but still not normal enough for me, I'm craving routine) as we continue to have excursions and get out more. We are both feeling more comfortable with the area, both sides of the lake. It is true that there is quite a divide b/w the "east side" and Seattle proper.
Our first notable excursion of the week was Tuesday with the Chiptole. We've had many since then including trying to find a furniture store that " I knew where it was". My mind map plays tricks on me. I see getting lost as an opportunity to find new things. Unfortunately my husband does not see things the same way. We also tried to find Restoration Hardware last night and found the mall with little difficulty, but no Restoration Hardware which I take no blame for because rarely on a map when given an address are you going to be able to find the exact mall location for a store.
This week has also brought about many questions, such as: How do you know when you're getting "old" (or I guess some would say growing up)? Is it at 12am on a Saturday night when the neighbors are watching loud television and you are cursing them? Or when you are considering buying a piece of furniture that costs more than everything you currently own?
We are furniture shopping. It's been fun! I know what I want now and Evan does too, unfortunately it's not the same thing. I'm pushing for a "pretty" room that has more looks than comfort because now that we have both an entertainment room and another room, I think we could have both comfort and pretty. All of the "pretty" furniture he likes is also very comfortable and overstuffed and something you want to plop into, not something you want to sit on and sip wine by the fire while talking with friends. Although I did tell Evan that we may not be able to paint that picture because we are currently missing the friends piece. Too bad we can't buy both right now, because that would solve all problems.
The other question which arose this week was how do you know that "you're not in Kansas anymore Toto?": When business trips are to Anchorage and Orange County and not to Kansas City, Indianapolis, and Springfield IL. These are the places I get to go for work! There also could be the occasional trip to our Midwest office in Minneapolis and to our East Coast office in Boston, but most of my business traveling will be to Alaska and to California!
I've been seeing a lot of Camaron. She's probably sick of me, or about to be! Thursday night I fled the East side and hung at Camarons for some chill girl time. Last night Evan and I met Camaron for Happy Hour at a cool restaurant in my favorite part of town, Ballard, and ran into our new landlords which I found very......Circumstantial???? We know 5 people in Seattle, and randomly ran into 2 of them while we were out for our first official evening out on that side of the lake. Tonight I went with Camaron to what was supposed to be a beach party. I was very excited at the idea of this bon fire on the beach, something that I've seen on TV but never actual experienced. In my mind it was going to be very The OC meets Bev Hills 90210 but in actuality never happened because of the high fire severity warnings in effect until, get this, tomorrow. Boo. I will have to now wait to experience my own bit of reality TV. We instead had a BBQ at her friend Leslie's house with her friends who were all very friendly and transplants also so all had interesting backgrounds. I fell quite fond of a friend of her's and his girl friend. We spoke for hours on our common interests and while he's a little passionate I enjoyed the conversation and their company and am happy to be meeting people.
On my way to Camarons tonight I had another wonderful experience on the bridge. I love driving over the bridge. Although the traffic is not desirable but experience is very enjoyable. It was misting/raining when I left Bellevue and coming over the bridge you could see where the clouds met the clear sky. And then the mountains. Also on the North side of the bridge the water was very choppy, many white caps, big (not ocean size but significant) waves and very unsettled. To the south of the bridge the water was like glass. I know that this is the case because the water is b/w the 2 floating bridges which I'm sure causes it to be less volatile but it is just such an incredible thing to see. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.
The days have been pretty relaxing. I'm craving more normalcy though. I can't wait to have our routine down w/ work and all but in the mean time I intend to enjoy my last week off. Poor Evan has 1 more day! Today I went shopping to what I would consider a shopping center. Poor excuse for a mall. We bathed, cleaned teath, and clipped nails on the dog today as well as got in a substantial work out. It was productive. Tomorrow I hope to head down town to the market and perhaps a bit more shopping. We discovered another 4 furntiture stores near by that we've not been to so that's also a possibility. Evan worked all night tonight so he should be all ready to entertain me tomorrow because Camaron is busy and cannot do it tomorrow :). We also have a lease to sign at 11:30 which is a good excuse to get up and get moving and over the lake at a decent hour. We have no problem getting up in the am, just getting moving and getting over the lake!
More from us Monday after Evan becomes part of the working world! Happy Sunday everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment