Thursday, August 17, 2006
Time is ticking away
Not much to report on the moving front, everything is coming together nicely. All utilities have been stopped/canceled/put on hold until we can transfer them to a more permanent location. The mailbox is not yet set up, I have to provide proof of my identitiy to the post master when I open it up and have them fax the info to WA and the post master almost never works "in the office" so hopefully I can reach her today at 9am and get things set up for Monday. If this is not possible, we hold our mail till we have time to set up a box in Seattle and have it forwarded there.
There is a *small* (OK large) glitch in the moving plans in regards to getting Case out to Seattle. I talked to AA to verify if the crate we have will be OK and it will, however the woman specifically said "if the temp is expected to be above 85 degrees in either city at any time during the day, he will not be able to fly". She came right out and said this, I didn't have to ask. You know how sometimes you call customer service to do 1 thing and they tell you that it's not possible and you call back and someone else tells you that you can? T Mobile does this to me all of the time. Well I'm hoping that is the situation in this instance. Hopefully this woman is being overly caution and when we get to the airport at 7am and it's only 70 degrees, they will let him fly. We still need to come up with a contingency plan "just in case" anyway but those options right now are anything including me switching my flight and driving up to Chicago w/ Casey and flying just the 2 of us out of there, finding someone here who can keep him for a few days and putting him on a plane when the weather is better, finding a day sometime in the next week that we can fly him and have one of our friends pick him up out there and keep him till we get there (the least popular option in my opinion). So say some prayers for a cold front. The average temp in St. Louis on Aug 28th is 86 degrees.
All rooms have been first round cleaned. The movers are here Tues and Wed only so that is very nice. We will stay at Shelley and Goeff's Wed and Thursday and Holly and Matt's on Fri, Sat, and Sunday.
Evan is moving along nicely on his thesis. He's not been sleeping much but I'm still very proud of all of his hard work. I asked him yesterday if there was anything I could do for him and he said make it be 2 weeks ago and allow me to have done then all I have done now. Unfortunatly I don't have that ability but luckily in about 1 week he will be preparing to present this to the "committee". We still have made no special plans for Friday night. I guess I need to get on that!
Enjoy your weekend. I'm off to Des Moines for some much anticiapated (but probably not deserved) Girl Time with Allison, Angie and Kristen. When I'm back ONE MORE DAY in the apartment (with out the presence of movers).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment